Dr (col) R Ranga Rao, VSM has been conferred many awards during his tenure in Armed Forces Medical Services of India and later in the civil practice.
- Col KK Gupta Memorial Gold Medal 1984 for standing first in Advance course Medicine 1982-84.
- Lt Gen R S Hoon Award 1994 for the original paper entitled “Immuno-phenotyping of Acute Leukaemia”
- Best Original Article Award MJAFI 1995 for original paper entitled “use of Long –term venous Access in patients of Acute Leukaemia and NHL”.
- Lt Gen RS Hoon Award 1996, for original paper entitled “Preliminary analysis of Alpha Interferon therapy in Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia”.
- Air Marshall Ajit Nath Guru Shanti Devi Award 1997 for original paper entitled “Impact of prophylactic use of Colony Stimulating Factors on neutropenia and infections in moderately intensive chemotherapy”.
- 2nd Best Poster Award Merck Serrano Oncology Summit Hong Kong March, 2012 : Palliative weekly chemotherapy along with cetuximab in recurrent and metastatic head and neck cancers an observational phase IV Retrospective Analysis.
- Distinguished service award by geriatric society of India: November 2012
- Sushruta Award 2018 Max Health Care for best innovative department.
- Sheetal Sahai Oration 2019 at Cancer institute and research centre, Gwalior.
- Awarded ‘Vishisht Seva Medal’ by President of India for meritorious and distinguished service rendered in Armed Forces on the eve of Republic Day 2006
- CEO’s Award Max health Care Nov 2017